Saturday, November 27, 2010

Peter Pan the Musical

I got invites to the Gala Premiere of Peter Pan the Musical at Sunway Lagoon, on Friday, and boy I was super excited!! Oh, and we also got free access to the Night Park after the show.

Azrin : Why are'nt you wearing heels??
Me : I know Sunway Lagoon. We're gonna be walking for 20 miles. Screw heels.
Seriously, if you're going, best wear flats.or flip flops.

Oh, and guess who I found hiding behind a tree? Mellina!!

It was such a long way to the Amphitheatre, but thank god, we were walking alongside tigers, ponies, foxes, parrots and all sorts of aminals.heh. At one point, we had a pretty view, too. But by the time we reached the amphitheatre, I was sweating so much, I could drown Peter Pan.



Whimsical entrance to Peter Pan.


The amphitheatre was pretty huge. Although its an outdoor-indoor thing (with no aircond), it was pretty cold, probably from all the trees around it (see, I'm all about nature *blows nails*). Oh and also maybe because they put ginormous fans every 2 meters.heh.


I got inside at about 7.50p.m because it was suppose to start at 8p.m. Suppose to. These Europeans clearly have been Malaysianfied, because it started at 9.15. pffft. I got hungry, and had to eat ice cream.only.
Pictures of the show..


What I thought of the play :

1. I did'nt know what are the ticket prices, so after the show, I thought, it would be pretty cool, if the price of the ticket was, say, about $20-$50. Than I found out it was about $100-$180! For a 60-minute show! Go figure.

2. Probably because of the indoor-outdoor thing, but the sound system was not that good. Also, the British accent doesnt help either. How are the makciks going to understand? They would probably think it is some French play.

3. This must be the gay-est Peter Pan I have ever seen. he is more girl-ish than Wendy, for god's sake. I whispered to Azrin "He should be holding hands and kissing Captain Hook, instead".

4. It was, however, a good, happy, fun, show that doesnt leave you bored half way (probably because it is an hour), but I like it! Maybe because its free, but I kept singing their songs until the next day.

The moment the acts took their final bow, it started raining cats and dogs. There goes the night park thing. With the long way back in that super heavy rain, they should really have a mini train or bus to bring us all back to the entrance.

Oh well, I did'nt pay for it, so who am I to complain right?

2 comments: