Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's Next?


First of all, thank you to u readers, who ever you are. I've reached more than 120 hits in less than a week. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was thinking the other day, I realised this will be my very very last few months of being a student (hopefully!) and I havnt really thought of what to do next. I mean for the past 15 years of my life, I have been walking around with a label 'student' on my forehead and before i know it, I will be entering a whole other chapter of my life. As cliche as that may sound, that is the reality of my life, and Im sure it was or will be of yours, right?


Alright, for you who don't really know what I study and where, let me give u a brief introduction. I am currently doing Bachelors Degree in Business, majoring in Accounting and Banking/Finance. Sounds heavy? it is, really. Throughout the course, i find myself losing some hair, getting to know the dark circles under my eyes, build a new friendship with red bull and rarely get to go out in the day to enjoy fresh air, or a walk in the park. Why, u ask? Because i was too busy memorising the debits and credits, how to do proper investments and reading fraud cases in law. If your eyes are already half way shut just by reading my last few lines, imagine doing it for the past 3 years.




Bottles of concealers later, here I am in my final year * fingers crossed* and hoping to get a degree by the end of the year. Even than, I have no clue in the 'what should I do next' department. I have a few choices. I could continue studying, either do my Masters, or do my ACCA (that way i can be a ceritfied accountant!). Or even if I want to work, what field should i go to? Accounts?Audit?Banking?Investment?Taxation?Finance? Should i make my choices based on pay? or level of stress in a job?what?how?where??


*breathe...breathe....*


*inhale Louboutin.....exhale Jimmy....*


Lets look on the bright side. I still have about 6-7 months to decide. Even so, its not a sure thing that I'll pass all my papers for this and next semester for me to graduate (wait..thats not a bright side?).


Whatever it is, I just need to buck up, just for a couple of months, I will get a degree, and we'll take it from there. Yes, I WILL GRADUATE. I WILL!! So lets gather the Red Bull and do this.


Oh, and this is where I have run up the stairs to the 4th floor when the lift is taking too long, where I have cursed at the people who decided to have a morning chat in the middle of the walkway when Im late for class, where I borrowed books from the library and lost it (ooops), where new friendship are made, along with good and bad memories.
AT

SUNWAY UNIVERSITY COLLEGE




No comments:

Post a Comment