Saturday, April 17, 2010

Technology-what?


Ajin and I was around KL, and since he was bugging me since morning to go to the PC Fair (hmmm..boys!), i offered to accompany him :)



Here's a thing about me. All these technology stuff, gadgets whatsoever just bore the hell out of me. I like things that are colourful, non-fragile, non-electrical, u know, things i can wear or hug or where i can put my purse/lip gloss/sunglasses/handphone in. In other words, my mind and body rejects these black, boring, hard-as rock things. All i know is switch on the laptop, go online, do assignments, switch it back off. If it crashes, buy a new one. EASY!


Stepping into a PC Fair was a total blur..very different from going into a Year-End-Sale, unfortunately. Ajin had left me stranded in the ocean of geeks, for a guy who offered him a good price on a webcam...or was it a microfone? whatever, it was one of those things u plug into a PC.


Salesguy : Miss....blah blah...cheap...RAM..blah blah...ROM....blah blah...GB...blah blah very fast.
Me : *stares at him, pretending to understand* So what does that thing do? *points to a pink thing*


This is pointless.


However, some things surprised me. There were many many things in many many different colours! from speakers, to CDs, to Laptops (they are really trying to attract people like me). I was so amazed, since i was expecting they were all going to sell the exact same thing, only in different brands.



colourful speakers




colourful mouse



They have different Halls, for different type of gadgets, ie PCs, cameras, handphones. Very convinient.












I must say, I'm glad i went to the PC fair. Now i know there are some sort of harmonisation process happening between the technology world and fashion world. Imagine going to work with a different laptop to match your daily outfit.Fabulous!

To remember this special occasion ( to thank inventors for creating many things in all sorts of colours), I bought myself a...PINK mouse...to match my PURPLE laptop! :) May the next PC Fair have Jimmy Choo Laptops :)







2 comments:

  1. Do you know all IT Principle hired Italian and French designer to design their product? Cisco took Italian designer to design their latest wireless router, now you know why we have so may colourful and cute gadget in the market... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh nye??no wonder i think i can relate. i think i was a french in my past life.hehehehe

    ReplyDelete