Thursday, April 22, 2010

Snack time!

I had a good afternoon nap just now since I was too lazy to go for my 3pm class (who, in their right mind would pick going to a room and have some guy yap about investing, than having to curl into plushy cushy blankie when its cold and raining). I woke up hungry (as usual), went downstairs and all I had was apples and oranges. Cute, but it will not satisfy this grumbling stomach, plus it was too healthy of a choice.hehe.

Suddenly the thought of the mak cik that sells kuih popped in my head (actually I always thought of her when Im hungry in the evening..), that smile whenever I decided to drop by, those arms she uses to fry the goreng pisang, with various types of food surrounding her - I call her my Snack Lord.

So I decided to pay her a visit, and bought my all-time favourite goreng pisang, and oh yeah, I was a happy lady.

See, these are the kind of things u can't get if you're living in like, Paris or Germany. In Malaysia, any part of Malaysia, you can find little stalls that sells all sorts of food, at any time of the day. My favourite- tea time. I can bet with you, whereever your house is, within a 10-minute walk, you could find a little gerai of usually a makcik selling food, from keropok lekor, kuih, nasi lemak, meehoon goreng, burger, u name it, they have it. How convinient is that? When ever u feel hungry, slip on a pair of flip flop, walk and.. tadaaa! FOOD! you don't have to gush through snow in 23 layers of clothes ( maybe sometimes the rain, but hey at least its not freezing). Best of all, its freaking cheap, and let's face it, sometimes it taste muuuchhhh better than those $10-per-piece kuih u get at 5-star restaurants.




Cempedak goreng I think is the greatest snack invented by men. The crispy and oily-ness of the outer layer, and when you bite it, there is the soft, gooey texture, followed by the awesome sweetness of it. *droooool* Give me a bucket of this thing and it'll be finished before you know it.





This is the reason why it is so hard for me to leave this country for a long time. I am so use to everything around me, everything i need or want is just minutes away. Ask me if I would live anywhere outside this country, and before you could finish the question I will give u a straight 'NO'. This is where I call home and I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. You can move to Bangkok, they have more stalls that we have here, but their food are more healthy compare to what we have, fruits juice stalls, salad stalls and bloody cheap as well...Your cempedak goreng photo make me hungry la adik...cruel...torture me...am on diet....I want cempedak goreng...sob sob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehe but bangkok takde nasi lemak.ehhh screw diet, enjoy life.now susahlah nak carik cempedak goreng...takde musim :(

    ReplyDelete