Friday, April 23, 2010

Creamy Butter Chicken

Today, I decided to cook! Recipe of the day : Creamy Butter Chicken.

This is my first attempt cooking this dish. Without any recipe book, this is purely based on instinct....and whatever there is in the fridge :). Honestly, I dont think Im a good cook. I have never live on my own, so everytime I go downstairs, mommy will always cook a delicious meal, so why borther cook yourself, right. Besides, I have 0 interest in cooking. Eating, on the other hand, is my passion.heh. However, I can cook to survive, but people do say my cooking is not bad...sometimes!

Anyway, back to the recipe..
Ingredients

- Some fillet chicken
- Butter
- Evaporated milk
- Eggs
- Some onions and garlic
- Chilli
- Curry leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour

...and this is how u do it *putting on an apron* :

First, marinade fillet chicken with flour, eggs and salt for about 25-30 mins (preferbably an hour but i was too hungry)

Then, heat up some butter, and pan fry chicken till about 3/4 cooked.



Put the chicken aside (and taste a few if you're hungry).


Heat up bout 2-3 tablespoon of butter until melted

Throw in some chopped chilli (mix red and green for it to look preety), onions and garlic until it smells awesome. and throw in some curry leaves for a more awesome fragrant :)



Pour in evaporated milk (depending on how thick u want the gravy to be), add in salt and pepper to taste, toss in the chicken, cook until its slightly boiling-ish...
....and VOILA!!



Serve it with rice. Or just it eat like that.
For me, I think i put in too much butter (i put like 4 tablespoon of it) so it turn out a bit oily. Nontheless, I think its good. either that or i was reaaaaly hungry.

Azrin rated it 7.9/10. For a 1st attempt, I think that's ok.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment