Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Exhausted

At 8pm on Monday, I received a rather shocking phone call from a cousin, Shafiqah.

Shafiqah : Uzaini passed away.
Me : Yeah, right.


I had to make a couple of comfirmation calls, only than I believed it. Than I had to break the news to my parents. Than they made a few calls, and than all of us went into panic mode. I had to just sit for a good 15 minutes to register it in my head.

Than all of us had to rush and get ready to go back to Muar. I went with my cousin, Nadia. We had to stop by Melaka first, to pick up Shafiqah, before Muar. We reached the house at about 12.30 a.m.


When I saw the body, it still hasn't hit me, because he just looked like he went to sleep. Very peaceful. At about 2 a.m, I realised, I havn't had dinner, so we looked for a place to eat. Went back to my grandparents' house to take a nap before the funeral in the morning.


I could not sleep. Actually, most of us could not sleep. It was 4 a.m, the aircond was facing straight to me, I was sleeping on the floor, I had to share a pillow with Shafiqah, and I was coughing the whole night (and everyone complaint about my coughing in the morning). By 5a.m, everyone got up anyway, and got ready for the funeral.


The funeral finished at about 11 a.m. By this time, my brain was shutting down from the crying, and not sleeping, I was starting to look like a zombie.


At 2 p.m, Nadia, Shafiqah and I was on the way home. Dropped Shafiqah in Melaka (read stopped and eat). Nadia and I reached KL at about 8 p.m, but we had stuff to do in Puchong, and everything was done pass midnight. I got home, before going into the showers, I lie down on my bed, just to close my eyes for 2 minutes from the long day. When I woke up, it was already the morning, same position, still not showered. It shows how tired I am.


One thing it thought me is that it does not matter if you're old, young, tall, short, fat, skinny, when its time for you to go, its time to go.


My cousin had suddenly passed away heart failure.


He was only 22.


al-fatihah.


Within 2 months, this is the 4th 'bad news' I have received. It has been a devastating two months.


To Syed Uzaini's family, be strong. My prayers are with you.


al-fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment