Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vacay: Part 2, Food

*warning : if you are fasting, or on a diet, I advise you to step away.*

What is Penang most famous with?? Food right?

*drool*

Ok, lets start with Nasi Kandar. Aaaah, ikan kari, ayam kicap, teloq rebuih, kuah campoq. At first I wanted to eat at at least 8 different nasi kandar throughout my break. After the third one (Line Clear, Beratur, Union Street), I can barely hear the word 'Nasi Kandar' no more.

...until today, the sight of Pelita makes me sick. No more curry for a month, man.
Now, Mee Goreng Bangkok Lane. Even mom and dad asked me to 'tapau' back for them.


...its so nice, I ate there twice.HEHE.

OH OH OH!!! FRIED OYSTER!!!! *died*

HoMaiGad. Oyster+egg=fireworks. I want to marry that uncle.

What else did I eat? *thinks hard*

*browse pictures in 'Penang Trip' folder*

hah! Cheese Naan and Butter Chicken Masala.

Quite good, but I got freaked out at one point because suddenly there was a group of people on the streets marching and screaming things and was not wearing any shoes. I got scared that I hugged my handbag so tight (I really really don't know if it was a ritual thing or what, so no offense).

*buuuuuuuuuurrrrppppp*

Unfortunately I did'nt have time for Asam Laksa and Char Kueh Tiow. Also, did'nt know where to find good and Halal ones.

Three days is definitely not enough to suck in all Penang food.


2 comments:

  1. Adik you tak makan soup kapitan ke? so yummy you know...near the sleepy senorita club....then at campbell street cendol and asam laksa kedai warna hijau....I suka nasi kandar at Kayu and Ceri...not so famous to tourist tapi local people suka makan sana....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh noooo i didnt eat any of those :( tidaaaaaaak. sounds yummy! sedih.

    ReplyDelete