Monday, July 5, 2010

North and South


From last Wednesday till Sunday my journey would be..

KL-KEDAH-PENANG-KL-MELAKA-JOHOR-NEGERI SEMBILAN-KL

*died*

Oh how I've missed my soggy, gooey pillow.heh.

Wednesday was a last minute plan to go back to Kedah to visit relatives, and it was the durian season. By the time we reached Kedah, it was already 8 p.m. Had dinner with an uncle, and went to visit relatives.

I have not been back to Kedah for about 3 years, and oh boy, has it changed.More highways.More buildings.More lights.

The next day, we went to a family farm. A farm that has all sorts of fruits- Durian, langsat, mangosteen, rambutan, pineapple, coffee, jambu, you name it, we've got it. My own little farmville. Going in the farm, I looked down at my heels, and started searching the car for a pair of slippers. I might be the first farmer in stilettos.love!

A million durian, and kebejillion flies and mosquitoes later, we head back to KL. Unfortunately, I did not bring my camera *smacks myself*.

When I reached KL, I only have a few hours to pack.and sleep. Friday morning, a bunch of us head off to Melaka. Reached Melaka around noon, and Shafikah and Meon wanted Muar food, so we head there.

Remember that durian goreng I was telling y'all about? I was excited to try it and praying hard that pakcik is there, and guess what?Apparently they are out of durian.All of them. I just got back from a farm of durian, for god's sake! We still settled for a couple of cempedak goreng (we actually forced the makcik to fry us more cempedak goreng) and coconut drink.




In Muar, I went to dad's office and my uncle was there..

Me : We are all hungry.Do you want to pay for our food *droopy eyes*
Uncle : Hmmmm... *guilty face* Ok *hands RM 20
Me : *sacarstic look*
Uncle : *hands RM 50*
Me : yay!!!

Innit a blessing to have a niece like me? *flips hair*

After we were super full, we went back to my late grandparents house, because we were all too sleepy to function, and decided to take a nap.




I woke up the next day, having these red dots all over me.I was bed-bugged. Went all over Melaka (well, maybe a teeny part of Melaka) to look for a clinic but apparently people there dont get sick on Saturdays.

One clinic was open.
Nurse : Yes, can I help you
Me : Yeap I would like to see a doctor.
Nurse : There is no doctor.
Me :.............. *maybe this is how they sell drugs* ok *gives dirty look to this old lady* ..bad lady!

Than we head to Port Dickson in high hopes for me to get a tan (I should just give up and paint myself with water colour). Because I had been the luckiest person on planet earth, the whole time (ok, most of the time) we were there, it freaking rain.like crazy. We spend most of the time (if not all) bumming in Sofia's apartment. At least we had a good view of the beach.



Sunday evening, we were suppose to leave for KL. After cleaning and packing up, and all good to go, Hazren's car broke down.The moment I got in the car, btw.So he had to go back with us, in Azrin's car. We waited for the tow truck and everything, got out of Port Dickson at about 11ish pm.



We were all going cuckoo in the car to keep ourselves up and started singing along to Awies..and Dangduts. Cool friends I have *smacks forehead*


2 comments:

  1. Please please please adik, next time if you manage to taste the durian goreng...let me know how is it taste like....by the way...now is cempedak season and when I bought cempedak goreng terus teringat dekat you...you blog about that cempedak before....hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehehehe itu lah.worse kam to worse, we'll buy durian and goreng ourself.hihihi. yeap cempedak goreng everywhere

    ReplyDelete