Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tribute to Mom

In this house, Mom did all the cooking and aint nobody can touch her pots and pans. It was a no-entry zone for all of us when she was cooking. She was an amazing cook and no matter how many handbags I bought for her, she was not going to tell me (actually, everyone!) any recipes.

Her usual line would be "Ala..campak this, campak that, cincai cincai, toss in this, toss that...jadi lah".

But for the past few years when she was falling sick, she needed some help in the kitchen so Dad and I get to peek a little here and there (she drew the line of our jobs at washing tomatoes and frying tauhu). Since Saturdays are usually family lunch at home, today Dad and I tried to cook *shivers*.


I've packed my heels in the suitcase in case we set the house on fire!



After 2 hours of blood, sweat, tears and a bit of wrestling, Dad and I did it!! We kinda turned the kitchen upside down and don't get me started on the amount of rubbish on the floor. How did mom do it so neatly? She kept her white countertop white for 15 years, and I made it yellow within 5 minutes.  -___-



...and the four judges thought it tasted 80% like Mom's cooking! Yay!! *high 5 Dad*.

See, ma! I CAN cook. I hope Mom would be proud of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment