Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: 7 Petala Cinta

Been a while since I went for a midnight movie. Since nowadays my bedtime is 10pm (yes, wild girl I am), I pushed it a little bit by going for a movie date with Azrin just now.


I'm all for supporting the whole local movie scene shannanigan because I think we produce some pretty good movies these days. So I heard this 7 petala cinta is good (although I dont see much promo about it).


Its...different, I must say. Nothing great about the storyline nor acting but its just one of those movies with eye opening messages and its good to be reminded of these religious values while we're busy chasing Guccis and private jets.

No matter how bad our past is, there are always doors for repentence.

If God can forgive His people, who are we to judge others.

You don't determine if someone goes to heaven or hell.

People make mistakes, despite the 'serban' on their head.

There's a story behind everybody's actions so we should not make assumptions.

Masyaallah. Simple lessons that were taught since we were little and we know them at the back of our head but how we could just forget them in our daily lives. We see someone wearing sexy shorts, we whisper nasty remarks to our best friend. Additional dosa for us, more pahala for her. For all you know she have her lima waktu completed everyday, at least.

No. More. Gossips.

I guess the movie is a good wake up call. Different from other movies that's all about comedy or lust or those dramatic lovey ones. Just a little warning, this movie is a tad cheesy. Just the lines the use. I'm all about actions rather than words so that was kind of a bummer. Hee.



Rating 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment