Friday, April 15, 2011

Shoe festival


Alright super overdue. Probably cerita basi already.

Last week was the Shoe Festival. There is a longer name for it, but I call it "my date with unkle Jimmy". Sarah and I wanted to go on Thursday but we were not sure if it was open to public. That's when I tried calling PWTC, and I got transferred to the Prime Minister's office or something *cricket sound*.

So Friday off we went (because the PM would'nt attend my enquiries on Jimmy Choo). I was stuck in traffic forever. We went in at about 7.30 pm. Before the entrance was a showcase of clothes ala Gaga.


"Eh, arn't we going to a Shoe Festival??" -Me.


There was a shoe-designing competition or something and they had all entries showcased at the entrance/exit. Seriously guys, all sorts of creepy shoes there. I mean, I'm all for us being creative and stuff, but....



..... I'll just let you guys be the judge, ok.




I have to admit, some designs were awesome. But some..... not so much.

Oh the 1st prize winner :


It kinda looks like something you could get in Sungei Wang, right?


Inside was juast basically 'booths' of different brands of shoes, supposedly selling super cheap (don't be fooled, not much different). Got pretty dissapointed when all I saw was brands that I could walk to One Utama and see it (less crowded too). So we were just wandering around in a sea of eager shoe-holics.




...and we got stuck at one booth. She is a new (sort of) designer who produces amazingly gorgeous and comfortable shoes! She designs based on batiks, so she really turned traditional to sophisticated.





Sarah started crying and banging her head on the wall and start begging people on the street to buy her this one pair of shoes (espiacially when her mom stopped responding to her).heh.



That was about it. But! We did take a picture with Jimmy Choo. I spotted him behind me and I could not breathe..


Me : Oh. My.......*faint*
Sarah : *froze and smile* I know...
Fazna : *loudly* Who is that? ......Is that Jimmy Choo?
Me and Sarah : Uhuh.
Fazna : Oh we are so taking a picture with him *pulls me*

Embarassing.



Oh well, i touched him. Now I feel like I can design shoes in my sleep, y'all.


Ok my friends are going to kill me, but I lost the picture!! Its somewhere in my computer! Shit.


Nevermind, here's a picture of us with a big red shoe!

2 comments: