Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review : Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa

Through Nuffnang, TGV have given me 4 complimentary tickets (any movie, any time) as a birthday gift! Thanks Nuffnang & TGV!!! *waves like a mad person*.



After going back and forth on choosing what to watch. Close call between ..dalam botol and HMM. All about supporting local movie industry here. At last we picked HMM.



We watched a pretty late show, and I don't know if it was the movie, or timing, or that I was dead tired, I got annoyed and was praying hard that the movie was ending soon. The only character I like in the movie was Ling Ling. I swear, she's so cute. Apart from that, I thought the movie quite sucked. ...ok, I really don't know history, so I didn't know that Romans are British. Are they?



Yes, it was an English-Malay movie, but their English sucked, and their Malay sucked more. Like there are no Malaysian to take up the leading role, they decided to take a foreign dude, and make him speak Malay.Smart.


Everything about the movie was just...weird. All the hu-ha about graphics was awesome and stuff, but honestly, it gave me a headache. Some scenes they tried to make it really funny (like there's one scene on the ship, where the prince and merong was sort of fighting, but he ended up reading out poems.creepy), it just looked like a scene from Pirates of the Carribean...gone wrong.


"You can't compare its quality with hollywood movie, but look at it and compare with Malaysian movie so far.It's pretty good right?" -Sofia


No. Adnan Sempit didnt have ships and swords and half naked men running around un underwear, it was still awesome.


HMM really wasted my time. Or maybe I was just so annoyed this idiot behind me kept coughing (without covering her damn mouth) throughout the movie.urgh.



1 comment:

  1. haha, adnan sempit was a comedy, nak beza dengan epic movie x dapek lo... and on the pluss side, adnan sempit had Shaheizy Sam *drools :p

    ReplyDelete