Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Typical Her


Sarah turned twenty something yesterday and I asked her a few days ago for her birthday plans..

"Oh, I'm just going for dimsum with Rais.."

Pfft, going for dimsum? Of course, I'm inviting myself and my husband too. Come on, its her. It would be almost rude if I did not invite myself since she invaded my birthday dates a million times back then. So I asked her to pick a place and "see you there".

Last night, I picked Azrin from work and headed to Sheraton for her dimsum night. Of course we reached there first (if you know Sarah, you should know her timing issues), Azrin and I ordered some drinks and looked through the menus, when the lady said

"Maam, no dimsum for dinner ya"
"Oh.."

*called Sarah*

"Eh makcik, when you buat reservation you did not ask the most important question ke?
"No dimsum ke?"

So Azrin and I wanted to settle our drinks and were just talking to them but they felt bad and said everything was on the house. Met Sarah at the lobby and she still wanted dimsum. We were still calling around for dimsum. Azrin and i told her, most places in KL serve them for lunch but well, have to follow pregnant birthday girl, right? My next favourite ones would be Minmax and Mandarin Oriental, but not available too.

Last choice- Dolly Dimsum. Birthday girl's least favourite. Well, it was close to 9.30pm. It was either that or we were going to have nasi kandar for her birthday.



Well, she said we did not ordered enough food. Haih. No, we could not finish them up. We were getting blur towards the end because we were too full.

Happy Birthday Lalat! Hope you enjoyed your simple but chaotic birthday dinner!




Makan all you can before you have to berpantang. Speaking of berpantang, you guys know how I found out about her being pregnant? Nope, she did not tell me! I was chilling and eating ice cream with Sarah's mom on raya (no, Sarah was not there)

Sarah's Mom : Sha, you know she's four month's along?
Me : Well, I know now.
Sarah's Mom : Yes yes. I thought you knew
Me : Haha I told her so many times that she's pregnant but she kept saying she's not. Siap dia. 
Sarah's Mom : Err..this ice cream is really nice.

Haha.







No comments:

Post a Comment