Monday, October 10, 2011

Early Riser

Had to sacrifice saturday sleep-in last week to go renew my passport. Azrin picked me up when the sun was not even up yet. Yes, I was a cranky bitch. Since I am the least organised person in the whole world, of course I came unprepared. At least Azrin got his photostated IC, picture, everything done, but there I was looking for a photostate shop at 6 am.

That passport place opens at 8, and we reached there at about 7am. I was imagining me enjoying some hot crispy roti canai with dripping thick curry and a glass of teh o ais. Mental image of an awesome breakfast crushed when the line was already like this outside.


AT 7 IN THE MORNING.

Do these people camp out the night before or something?

Even when we got inside, it was mad. The officers was just yelling here and there, screaming at old men who probably could not understand what was on the forms. Dude, I get it, you have to work on weekends and it stinks balls, but suck it up! You're getting your half month bonus in december so don't complaint.


Never ending line, and that was just to get our number.


Thank god, there was about 20 counters and almost all of them were opened. So it was moving pretty fast. After you've made payments, you've got to wait for an hour and your passport will be ready. Genius me, missed my number and lady behind the counter was giving me an attitude. Clearly somebody need to get some.

The whole process would probably take about two hours, provided you come prepared.


No comments:

Post a Comment