Sunday, July 31, 2011

First Experience

I know nothing about football. I just don't see the point. So while people argue about Arsenal, MU, Liverpool and what not, I was busy flipping a magazine.

But one thing I am, I would do anything for my country. As much as people thing its funner, more happening, cooler, colder elsewhere, my heart belongs here. If you're a Malaysian, try having that 'eww omg what's wrong wit this country' conversation with me. It will end up nasty.

I do follow malaysian football, sometimes. I mean, I watched the suzuki cup that got us a public holiday, I watched the games versus the big clubs recently, and I thought our football team have come a long way. They did pretty awesome. I watched how our ass got kicked in Singapore and group texted my friends:

"Let's go to the football match on Thursday"

...of course, knowing it was from me, I did not get a reply straight away. They probably thought I was kidnapped or something.

Lala : What football match? There's a football match. Let's buy matching jerseys!!

Ah, birds of a feather....

Sofia, Sarah and I was heading to Bukit Jalil. C'mon, it was our first time, how would we know that people goes to the stadium at 2pm when the match was at 8.45pm? I mean, it was 6.30 and we were all still putting on make up (ok, blonde moment.we did'nt know that it was going to be that hot and pretty pointless to wear make up).

We did not know if we should take the LRT or drive there. We decided to take the LRT. Big mistake. A friend drove and reached way before us. The LRT was so packed, we did not have to hold on to the pole because there was no way we were going to fall even if the bloody LRT topple over. Yes, there was so much walking and running needed I was sweating cats and dogs. I bet I burned as much calories as Safee. Ok, maybe as much as the coach.heh. What was fun was that at one point everyone started singing and stuff and I got super excited in that damn cramped up LRT.



Yes, we got trashed, but it was worth it. I lost my voice for a couple of days, but honestly, its so much funner than watching at home with Dad and his keropok. I looked around and thought this is one way to get all of us Malaysians, no matter what race, religion, which state you're from together and support one thing. So freaking awesome!


You know they say, watching live football is addictive? Maybe next time I'll bring a portable air-cond.

No comments:

Post a Comment