Friday, July 27, 2018

Leading Up To It


I've been suffering from Epilepsy for about six years now and up to now the real cause of it is still not a confirmed thing. Could be genetics, could be hormones, could be lifestyle, could be anything- according to about three different  neurologist I went to see. Back then my fits would be about once a month at least, and with the help of medications, it lessen to once every three months, n now less since my doctor kept increasing the dosage of my meds. Feels better with less fits, but let me tell you the side effect of the meds- urgh. From speech, forgetfulness and giddyness to name a few.

This feels weird because I don't usually write about things other than chirpy, happy things in here. If you are close to me, you know how I don't talk and tell anything at all and I just bottle things up inside until...boom! *explosion*. Haha!

...anywho, back to my story, after being marry for three years, of course the subject of children came across our minds but after consulting my doctor, the exlaination of...

1. It won't be safe for the baby with if you get fits during you pregnancy since we know how often you get it

2. The amount of medications you eat may be fed to the baby.

..does make sense. I mean the thought of feeding 10 pills to a baby does scare me. Yes I know it doesn't work that way but it does sound scary! We made an agreement to at least try to get me to be seizure-free for a whole year to reduce the dosage and we'll see from there. Last year, with some lifestyle changes, I was on the way until I almost hit the 7th month, I had a seizure and had to start my 1 year calculation again.

One day, Azrin and I were walking in a mall and we saw an Orphancare booth. We just looked at each other, approched by the lady at the booth, talked to her and decided to register ourselves. During the whole process, even Orphancare told us, we were one of the few of the "no rush" where we said from the beginning that we are in no hurry and if there is a rezeki for us, we accept with open arms. They said that the process will take about 2 to 3 years and they will usually prioritize couples who have been married for more than  years. In other words, we won't be their first choice.

Less (almost) than a year later, guys, say hello to Baby Adrian!



Hehe!

For this whole journey for Azrin and I, we told about five people in total I think (only because we had to!). Like I said, I keep things to myself (to a next level), but I am amazed at the support, help and gifts that I get once we made the announcement the day Adrian came home to us.

Endless! Sometimes I wonder what did I do to deserve this people around me. Thank you, everyone!

Alhamdulillah.







No comments:

Post a Comment