Monday, October 20, 2014

Festival of Lights

 
Lovely lovely country that we have, multiple races, multiple cultures, which brings us to public holidays every other week. You see, when its Raya, we would have Chinese and Indian friends come over to enjoy our ketupat and rendang. During CNY, they would deliver boxes of oranges to us and we just can't stop eating that delicious, sweet, round thing. 

...and now, its Deepavali! The colourful celebration!

My maid at home is an Indian lady and she have worked with my family for 30 over years. Thirty!! I can't speak Tamil but if she says things like "get up", "thank you", "don't be so lazy", "this is delicious" I would understand her. Its like magic. Probably because she's been speaking to me since I was born. Hehe. 

Indians have a certain way of eating with their hand and she taught me how to do it properly and everytime I do it wrongly, she would hit my hand. Not in an abusive way, but in a motherly do-it-right way. Now, I just eat with a spoon in front of her. Easy.

Tomorrow is Deepavali, and I was offended there were no murukus downstairs this morning. There better be a huge box of muruku when I get back from work I swear! 

Where I'm working now, I can say that most of them here are Indians and its quite happening here leading up to Deepavali, but today is a little bit quiet since everyone is on holiday already. 

Should have brought my muruku and eat in the office until petang -___-"

So to all Indians/ Hindus....

Happy Deepavali!!!



Enjoy!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment