Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Inner Kampung Girl

Realise that there's durian everywhere? Seriously, there will be a lorry on every corner filled with durian. I love Malaysia!

Who cares about the monsoon season anymore, its the durian season, dude!

I dropped by Sofia's place for some good 'ol poker (seriously, I could be like one of those aunties who plays mahjong all day -__-) and I swear I could smell durians from the lift. Sucks because I was so sick and she had like an orchard of durian in her house. You see, the smell of durian can be pretty annoying, if you're not eating it. Only if you're not eating it. The moment you have that first bite (its never one bite), pooof, annoying tingling gone. Magic.

I was trying hard not to eat it because my voice was hardly there and we all know how heat-y that fruit can be, but after 20 minutes..


Seriously, whatever sickness, how high your temperature could go, I'm sure there's medication for it. Right? What harm could a few durian do? Meh. Also, our nenek moyang said that if we drink water from the inside of the skin, it cools us down. So who am I to question our nenek moyang's petua. Haha.


Burp. Smell it.

Like a true kampung girl, I handled them durians myself *flips hair*. All I needed was a kain batik and a straw hat. I miss my late grandmother's dusun. Seriously, she had all sorts of durians ok. I used to eat all day, and had to sleep naked at night (because we had no electricity).



Now which one of you said I'm a spoilt city girl who only knows spending Daddy's money?

I kinda am, but..

Haha.

1 comment: