Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review : KL Gangster



Yes yes, I'm on a malay movie frenzy now (eh, show support for the local industry/the fact that Malay actors are getting yummier).



After much hype here and there about this movie, on a beautiful Father's Day, off I went. Of course had to buy Dad a present for being missing on his day. Which, by the way went I got home, he was sleeping, opened one eye and took his present, went back to sleep with it. So cute right.

KL Gangster is i believe one of the best "gangster" malay movie ever. It just brings you through an emotional ride. There's humour, sadness, anger all in one. Good job! *standing ovation*. My eyes were probably glued to Adiputra's muscular, oily, vein-y arms. hehe.


*image of Remy Ishak on prayer's mat out*

*insert oily. topless Adiputra with an unlighted ciggerette in mouth*

I'm not a fan of Aaron Aziz at all, so that was a boo. But his character was drool-able (he did wear a kopiah and prayed so yay!). Yeah, his caring/macho/having 30 people belasah him and not a single scratch on was pretty amazeballs.



Why I find him super hot was the fact that he could handle all this comotion by himself. Unlike those other clique-y gangsters. Which I think is true. All this gangster/taiko/boss/abang long/kak long/mak long/pak ngah/cucu/cicit/cikgu/adik/kucing/tikus/whatever else they want to call themselves, they are only brave with 5 people behind them. I bet if they are alone, have a little puppy chasing them and they would run for their life, no?

....I cried during one part of the movie. KL's bravest gangster passed by a homeless kid sleeping by the roadside, actually stopped by and slipped a RM50 note in the kid's pocket. Some people's mother would not help their own child in need.

Anjing.

Awesome movie though. I see why people watch it 3, 4 times. Highly, recomended.

One quick question..is Shark suppose to be a Malay or Chinese?




Rating : 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment