Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Big Argument


Ramadhan just wooshed by so quickly, we are reaching the last couple of days here. Mixed feelings.

So in between cleaning the house, preparing raya cookies and thinking of where to go for buka puasa everyday, Azrin and I had a....conversation. Haha

He was packing raya money, and Azrin have the obsession with the raya packets. He is a angpow hoarder. He kept the ones from his old bank, and for this year he collected from other banks and compares them.

"Oh, this one is nicer.."

"..but their packet last year lagi cantik.."

"Hmm...they kalah with yang ni lah.."

Me? I was just nodding while adding more things to cart online.

I don't really care because when I was a kid, I threw all the packet away so in my head, that is what the kids will do now. Right? So after he finished being all Simon Cowell with the raya packets, he asked me which one do I want..

Me: Just give me the CNY one.
Azrin: *stares at me blankly*
Me: Just give me like 2 sets enough lah
Azrin: Err..why? *looks offended*
Me: Well I just want to be different
Azrin: ...but there are so many raya ones! See! This one so cantik. Or you can have this one!
Me: Taknak. I want the CNY one...
Azrin: ..but its CNY...
Me: Bagi je la..
Azrin: I still don't get you sometimes..



In my defense, there was no "Happy Chinese New Year" written anywhere on my packet.

Exaggerating, much?






No comments:

Post a Comment